Tuesday, November 30, 2010

You Win Some, You Lose Losers


Another month long relationship comes to an end. For me it was a dramatic end, the discovery of multiple other women, for him, I think it was pretty run of the mill. The cultural differences regarding cheating are something I would love to write an entire thesis about, but for now, let's just say it's not that big of a deal here. My aunt even defended him saying, 'maybe he doesn't like them as much as he likes you'. Somehow, that did not send me running back to him. Her one piece of advice that I liked was that I'm at least getting closer to finding what I want. Him- except with a respect for fidelity- scratch that- a respect for honesty.
In most cases I'm fine with multiple partners as long as we both know that's what's going on; it depends on what i'm looking for at the moment. It's the lying that pisses me off! It leads to doubt, which will drive a person insane. If someone comes to me and says, "Look, I slipped. I diddled some girl last night. I'm really sorry and it will never happen again", if I believe their sincerity, 90% chance I'll let it go. At least I know they're going to tell me no matter what. Regardless, it's over between he and I.
On the bright side, the picture is after I went on a 3 day backpacking trip with 30 middle schoolers this last weekend. It was one of the harder challenges of my life, second to the GRE test. Apparently I've had a pretty easy life. It felt good to accomplish something, and left me knowing that Mr. 3 at a time had to go. I can do better. I'm a warrior woman for goodness sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment