Monday, April 14, 2014

The Waterfall

I saved two people from drowning in Mexico. I was there, and I was the closest one to them. A mom and her son – maybe three years old. I hesitated. The people watching said I didn’t, but the only thing I remember between realizing they were drowning and being next to them was thinking ‘You’re not supposed to swim up to drowning people because they pull you under’. And then I swam up to them. I don’t remember swimming to them. I remember as she went under, she yelled ‘ayuda!’.

When I got to them, the mom was holding her son above water while she was submerged. She was going to drown to save him. I grabbed him and then her. There was a floaty there, otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to get her too. I swam them to shore and that's when I started shaking. It still terrifies me to think about it. 

This is where it happened

I told my mom what happened, and she said that when I was really little, we went to Cabo to visit my aunt and I jumped into a pool. I was only a few years old, and couldn't swim. A stranger saved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment