Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Run Away

YET AGAIN, I'm starting over. While I'm excited about the prospect of pursuing my own goals, and doing things to create confidence in myself, I'm also exhausted. When I look back at the chapters of my life, they aren't a consecutive line. They don't flow smoothly from one plan to the next. They end abruptly, like unrelated short stories by the same author, smashed together to make the book of my life.

credit: http://www.englishzoneuk.com/
The pages don't want to touch
Once upon a time, there was a girl from Colorado. She lived there until she was 22. Then she ran away to Mexico.

La la la, Life is easy...

Then she ran away to Chicago for grad school to escape the crazy lifestyle she had created and do something serious.

Can you see the look of total confusion at not knowing what to do next?

Then she ran away back to Mexico because she realized she didn't want to live in Chicago, and that Mexico was much more fun.

My Mexican Party Hat

Then she ran away, back home, to settle down and get a "Real Life". Husband, Career, Dog, House. The white picket fence fantasy.

Sure, why not throw in some hydrangeas.

Can you guess what the girl did next? She ran away! The middle east this time. A choice in partners was made, and she began to create the foundation for the picket fence fantasy... except instead of a fence, it was sand. Instead of a dog, it was more sand.

Something seems a little off...

The end. The end to the running-away. I'm going to start running-towards. I'm going to run towards my goals. MY goals, not the socially imposed ones. I'm going to run towards surrounding myself with people that are positive and who are improving their own lives. I'm going to start running towards a youth sexuality education center to help kids with questions. I'm going to start running towards a life of helping others, which having a career that affords me time AND money. I'll let you know how it goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment