Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Where am I?

I'm so frustrated with myself. I let myself get wrapped up in a life, in a country, in a past, that distracts me from feeling the present. How do I get to the now?

When I first moved to Mexico, I was obsessed with my ex. Figuring out what he was doing, how he felt, analyzing pictures (was that a friendly hug? they never are)... so for the first few weeks I was in Cabo, I was a hermit. Thank God for new years eve, which forced me to go out, or I might never have met my best friend.

When I moved to Chicago, I spent the entirety of 6 months on facebook. What was going on in Mexico? Who was with who? What happened last night. Granted, the dramatic group of 'friends' that I left there did much to fuel the fire.

Now I'm back in Colorado, and I can see myself doing it again. Maybe it's easier to deal with fragments from the past as opposed to jumping into new things. Maybe I'm avoiding the job market. (I don't think it's called looking for work if I only applied to one place.) Or maybe I'm just stuck looking over my shoulder, allowing myself to doubt the major decisions I make because of it.

What it really boils down to is- I need to get out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment