Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Nicaragua and Teaching Prospects



Returned from the Nicaragua trip. It was truly incredible, a place like I've never been before. Rural doesn't begin to describe the places that I stayed. Coming back to Mexico was a trip- I felt very spoiled to have my casita with air conditioning and electric outlets, not to mention hot water. I flew through the states on the way back, and it gave me the familiar ache of homesickness. Eventually, free wifi and pizza hut will lose their luster and I will stop yearning for the states. Meanwhile, here in Cabo, I just had an amazing interview at a private school. I don't know if I will get the job or not, (there seems to be conflict within the school as to whether the current teacher needs to be replaced or not) but it made me excited to think about future possibilities. Sometimes I feel like I'm a spectator in my life, waiting to see which career I end up having. Vamos a ver (we will see)!

No comments:

Post a Comment